Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What are you learning this week?

2008 Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference
I attended and presented at the Christa McAuliffe Conference this week Moving Beyond the Basics: Using Web 2.0 Tools in Your Blog or Wiki. I was happy to see so many MESPA students in the session! If you missed the conference here is David Warlick's Keynote captured using UStream

Streaming .TV shows by Ustream
A few items I plan on investigating.
- Webcammax http://www.webcammax.com/ with Skype for mac users try CamTwist

Landmarks for Schools: Words of Humankind - organizes historical documents in the public domain, kids can access this for FREEhttp://landmark-project.com/page.php?stamp=&pn=3&psn=&cat=17

If you like Wordle check out TagCloud

I attended a few sessions on electronic portfolio solutions
Richer Picture® - A digital portfolio of student achievement

I am continuing to research netbooks and the 2go PC Netbooks by CTL.
"2go" branding for its next-gen Classmate PC, but it's not hard to spot the difference: it's a convertible tablet. Learn more here

If you attended the conference and have session reviews please post a comment here, along with the tools new tools you have used this week.

I just tested out a new widget from Amazon, focusing on netbooks/laptop products in a Carousel widget on the sidebar.

4 comments:

Julie Spang said...

I have already posted what I have been learning this week on my own blog...check out the three latest postings at http://webtwo0.blogspot.com/

Paul said...

You folks are making me jealous. I'm stuck here making our "emergency call system" work while you get to see all the latest and greatest. Oh well, once our program is done I'll hopefully be given a bit more time to pursue these fantastic conferences. Looking forward to Saturday.

Paul said...

The 2Go tablet looks cool - do you think you can bring back your UMPCs for the class Saturday? Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hi Paul -
The 2go Tablet will not be released until January. I think this might be an interesting unit for k-6 or k-8