Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow Day



I hope everyone is enjoying their day off! I will be working online today doing the following.
1. Adding tools to the class blog/sidebar (Links, Youtube playlist on web 2.0, polling features and the RSS feed). Please add the class RSS feed to you google page/reader.

2. Add my voicethread that is in the class wiki to this site and will also experiment with uploading to Slideshare.

I hope you get a chance explore the Web 2.0 tools discussed in class. Once you have created your blog, please post in the class wiki, on the "groups" page. If there is a password put it in the table next to the site. That way we can look at each others blog and wiki. Remember, the goal of the class is to review new digital tools and collaboarte in a web 2.0 setting.

I will be making a few posts on the blog today. Feel free to post comments.

Mary

3 comments:

Marie Hopkinson said...

I have also been using a part of my day to investigate these new technologies--so far I made a group wiki (this took me nearly 2 hours to get it the way I wanted). I also thought I would try edublogs.org. I set my blog up and then went to add a photo as an avatar something went wrong (not sure what. The site crashed and now hasn't been up for the last hour. Can anyone log on to edublogs.org just to see if you can get it to work?

As a distraction I am also trying to do 5 loads of laundry, bake cookies and manage my own kids and 1/2 the neighborhood!

Timer on oven is calling1

Unknown said...

I also had trouble with Edublogs this week. I played around with adding more to blogger and experimented with wordpress, he is may link http://marotta.wordpress.com/

I like the tab functions and the fact it has an automatic RSS feed out, unlike blogger.

littlecompgal said...

I am enjoying creating my wiki page. I plan on attaching it to my school webpage as soon as it is completed. I have attached lesson plans I have created and it will be easy for teachers to review them as well as post comments to my page.

My blog will also be attached to my school webpage. However, I created one in edublogs and I am not too crazy about the tools that website offers. I will try another blog tool and compare the features of the two.