Thursday, January 10, 2008

Welcome to the New Digital Technologies Class Blog

Hello Everyone -

I am looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday! I know many of you have used Moodle as a vehicle for class communication. I would like to model the use of a blog and wiki to deliver this class.

You will need to create a google/blogger account; you will then receive an email with a link that will validate your account in order to post a comment. Modify your blogger profile to include a picture and any other information you would like to share.

Please post a comment for this entry and let me know if you have used a blog or wiki with students to facilitate a class. Additionally, please create an account with pbwiki http://pbwiki.com/ for class this weekend.

Feel to post any other information that you would like to share.


Regards,
Mary Marotta

20 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie Hopkinson said...

I am responding to your comment.

Sandy said...

This class is great...there is so much that I am learning and will want to try. Thanks

Marie Hopkinson said...

Hello, Yes I know how to use a blog.

Sandy said...

No, I have never used a wiki or blog with students.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't aware of all the possible widgets that can be added to blogger. It's a nice feature.

Julie Leach said...

This class is providing lots of useful information. I have created a blog and wiki, but in a very much limited basis. First grade in my school "travels" to different and I set up a blog for them to post their adventures.

Nicole Tomaselli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
littlecompgal said...

I am enjoying the class. I am excited to try out all the new tools. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Mary - I'm lovin' your class. So many of these things seem cool - but without time to play and adopt - I never get beyond the conceptual stage.

:) Bets

Mr. Casey said...

Zamar is one site to save youtube movies.

http://keepvid.com/ is another. It also will convert to other files types and saves right to your desktop. Just make sure that you change the name of the movie to something meaningful to you.

Tina Petrone Avery said...

This is fun!

Nicole Tomaselli said...

This is a great class! Thank you for forcing us to try some of the web 2.0 things we continue to hear about!

Marie Hopkinson said...

this is my new profile pic

Sandy said...

I should have my picture now.

Mentor Facilitation said...

Trying to leave another comment - now that I'm logged in with a different account.

Mentor Facilitation said...

posting one last time to try to include the photo

Julie Leach said...

This is just to check if my picture shows up.

Marie Hopkinson said...

Mary,

Thanks for a great class on Saturday--I am looking forward to investigating all the things you presented.

In all the of the discussion about our group project I sort of lost site of our individual assignments--are these listed somewhere? either on moodle or on the wiki? It seems we need to create a lot of accounts--when we do this do we just email you and say we did it or do we have to produce something on the site? for example in blogger, skype or slideshare?

I just need a little direction as to where to start---thanks, Marie

Anonymous said...

I hope I am leaving this message in the correct place. I love your class and am havng fun using the Web2.0 tools
Maryann